Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Entertainment for the Neighbors

I have two very small flower gardens that I keep for two reasons- 1) it's pretty and I think every home needs a decent amount of flowers outside of it and 2) I like to take pictures of the flowers. This year I went horribly overboard (but in a good way) with my favorite flowers, the Gazania. In my humble opinion they are the best and most photogenic flower in existence (outside of the sunflower and daisy).

Somehow, somewhere I was inspired to take a picture of flowers set on a mirror, capturing their reflection and then some. When I got home from work yesterday, I quickly changed, wiped down my body-length mirror and set myself up outside in my yard. After carefully selecting and sacrificing a few flowers I got to work, sitting down on my towel (don't want a dirty butt!).

I figure I'm already mildly entertaining on a daily basis between dragging my really crappy hose around the yard to water the flowers (it often kinks..grr) and on those days I'm out there in various poses and positions getting the best angle on my flowers (typically with my butt sticking out and up in the air). I probably took the entertainment to new heights yesterday by laying around on the ground with a mirror, camera, and flowers but it was so worth it.

I got some great shots! See a few here (more to be added!)

No comments:

Post a Comment