Monday, March 26, 2012

No One Likes a Skeptic

I almost did my seasonal clothes switch out last week. You know, when you say "goodbye" to the cozy sweaters, turtlenecks, and long sleeved shits and "hello" to your favorite t-shits, tank tops, halter tops, and sundresses.

Good thing I didn't.

One reason I live in "upstate" NY is because I like seasons. I may grumble about the cold and snow, but I do like it. I even bought snowshoes this year..........that I didn't get to use. Something else I like about winter is the lack of frizzy or flat hair.

Last week people all but jumped with joy over the quick end of the [poor excuse for] winter and the arrival of spr....errr...summer? While I enjoyed the sunshine and the fact I could wear flip flops and sandals and eat my dinner on the screened in porch, I was silently complaining inside about the drastic rise in temperature that had me wishing my A/C was in and that slight humidity that reminded me that my hair isn't really all that cooperative.

But I was skeptical! I knew it wouldn't stick around through November. After all, we did once have snow on Mother's Day. This morning I quickly ran around closing all the windows on my porch and dug out a sweater in replace of the t-shirt I had planned to wear. I even turned the heat on in my office.

But it's okay. It is March. Maybe we'll get that gradual rise in temperature that I so love! 60s feel good in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment