Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's Ok to Be Lazy Sometimes

Today is one of those days where I have spurts of energy where I get a bunch done, but mostly feel unmotivated and lazy.  It was a gorgeous day outside, so I got out and took some pictures for work.  Once that one done I found I just couldn't motivate myself to do much at all! After work I was very happy to work on my relationship with my couch, read some of my book, thumb through some catalogs, and watch some television.  It actually felt quite nice to do some mindless things.

When was the last time you just spent some time doing a little bit of nothing (edit: and actually enjoyed doing nothing)?  I am a firm believer that you don't always have to keep yourself busy and productive, that it's ok to take some time to just veg.  I don't think it's good to all the time, but definitely worth it every so often.  I should have probably waited and had Friday be my lazy day because of the crazy nor'easter that's supposed to be coming in (described as rainy, windy, and raw).  So next time you feel like doing nothing, as long as you don't have things that need to be done, then give yourself permission to do just that...nothing.

1 comment: